Skip to content
5225 N. Academy Blvd. Ste.206 Colorado Springs, CO 80918 | 630-262-1435

Expedited Employment Authorization Documents

How can you receive expedited employment authorization documents (EAD)?

Five years ago, USCIS routinely took three months to issue employment authorization documents (EADs) and advance parole (AP) travel documents. Now, 9 months or longer is not unusual. Begin planning 180 days prior to the expiration of your EAD and AP.

Requesting Expedited Processing

It is difficult to expedite first-time applications, especially if you must be fingerprinted. Your processing my be expedited if:

  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the applicant’s failure:
    • to timely file the benefit request;
    • to timely respond to any requests for additional evidence.
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons.
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.
  • U.S. government interests (including urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS or other public safety or national security interests).
  • Clear USCIS error.
  • Healthcare worker with a pending EAD renewal.

Review the details for each of these items on a document from AILA by clicking here.

As always, if we can be of assistance, please call our office to schedule an appointment.