Jacqueline Lentini Immigration Experiences
Following are a few of the experiences that Jacki Lentini has achieved for her clients:
- Corporate Assistance
- For the breadth of her career, handled US immigration matters for a large multinational company in the IT consulting industry, including through several acquisitions;
- Offered complete analysis of legal permanent residency process and other nonimmigrant processes on behalf of companies to understand the risks associated with sponsorship;
- Represented companies during Fraud Detection and National Security (“FDNS”) site visits for H-1B, R-1 and L-1 visa holders;
- Advised companies regarding legitimate recruitment for PERM processing and audit responses to the Department of Labor;
- Offered strategic immigration advising and aided companies in complying with USCIS and DOL regulations in connection with corporate restructuring, mergers, and acquisitions;
- Strategized with multi-national companies in applying for both new office(s) in the United States and transferring foreign employees to the United States.
- Reduced settlement fine in a Department of Labor Wage & Hour audit for an H-1B Public Access case;
- Prepared companies in obtaining H-1B visas for qualified employees across multiple industries including IT, manufacturing, engineering, health care, marketing, graphic design, and winemaking;
- Counseled companies in documenting the employer-employee relationship for H-1B visa issuance;
- Guided companies in seeking alternative visas when an individual did not qualify for H-1B such as E, J, L, R, TN, O, P visas, or after the H-1B cap is exhausted
- Re-certified a federal government agency’s J-1 Exchange Visitor program with the Department of State employing approximately three hundred J-1 foreign nationals;
- Obtained green cards for faculty and staff at IL and OH state universities.
- Obtained Board of Immigration Appeals accreditation for a local non-profit to process immigration cases as a bona fide non-government organization (NGO) servicing the Latino community, refugees and domestic abuse victims.
- Obtained R-1 and green cards for Religious Workers and Ministers in several Illinois churches large and small;
- Obtained nonimmigrant visas and legal permanent residency for an international non-profit industry organization and mental services institute.
- Obtained green cards in the family based immediate relative and family preference categories;
- Successfully prepared USCIS’ Response for Evidence (“RFE”) responses to ensure clients obtain the immigration status requested;
- Successfully removed conditions on legal permanent residency after two years of marriage to a U.S. Citizen;
- Obtained Naturalization for legal permanent residents with complex residency issues and DUI’s.